Hello Girls on the Run and Girls on Track Coaches!
We are super pumped about the upcoming spring 2014 season! Below is some important information that will help set up your site for success.
FYI...contacts from the returning site commitment form received this email. This may not include everyone who has been involved - or is interested in getting involved as a a coach with your site, so please pass this email onto others.
Get the word out early
...click here to download an info sheet to share about GOTR/GOT at your site this spring, program registration dates and getting involved as a volunteer coach.
Click here for the spring 2014 "Season Checklist & Key Dates," which provides perspective on the season's timeline and flow.
Coach Registration is NOW open! (Nov. 22 - Jan. 19)
- ALL volunteer coaches must register to coach each season. This helps us stay up-to-date with contact information and allows us to collect information fellow coaches can use in an emergency.
- Jan. 19 is a HARD deadline; coaches cannot be added after this date.
Coach-to-Girl Ratio: There must be at least two trained coaches per team (8-17 girls) at every practice. The number of trained, registered coaches by Jan. 19 dictates the number of teams a site can accommodate.
New Coaches Training (Jan. 4, 8:00a.m. - noon OR Jan. 12, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. at MICDS)
- If you are a new coach OR a returning coach who has never attended our half-day new coaches training, please plan on attending one of the new coaches trainings.
- New coach training RSVP is part of coach registration.
Returning Coaches Online Refresher (Jan. 3 - Jan. 12)
- All returning site liaisons, head and assistant coaches must complete the online refresher session (~30 mins). Practice partners are welcome to complete the refresher session but are not required to complete it.
- The online session must be completed by Jan. 12.
Keep your eyes peeled for an email in early December requesting practice days, times and coach contact info for a site-specific promotional flier. Fliers and curricula will be available to pick up by new coaches training (Jan. 4) or Mon., Jan. 6.
Other Volunteer Coach Requirements...
CPR Certification - At least one adult coach at each practice must be CPR certified. Submit a copy of your certification card to GOTR-STL ASAP, if you haven't already. We must have a copy on file by season start.
Background Check - All coaches must have a current background check for our records. Someone from our office will contact you before the season begins if you need to complete - or are due - for a background check. This is a cost GOTR-STL incurs.
Thank you for your dedication to and support of Girls on the Run!