Interested in Volunteering?
If you are interested in volunteering in one or more of the Northwest R-I School District's buildings, please contact Anita Long at 636-677-3473 ext. 1132 for the necessary paperwork.
The District encourages participation of parents and citizens of the community to volunteer in the schools in order to serve as additional resources to the teachers and students. At the same time, the District’s top priority is the safety and security of all students. To help ensure this safety and security, prior to serving as a volunteer, each individual must complete an application for placement on the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR). The FCSR background screening will utilize information from the following agencies:
In addition to the FCSR, anyone wishing to become a volunteer must submit to a full background check conducted by Jefferson County, the State of Missouri and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
Only regular volunteers, such as, tutors, parent readers, office workers, library workers, etc. that follow a regular schedule or are left unsupervised with students will be required to have a background check. However, infrequent volunteers, such as, field trip chaperones, classroom party parents, etc. would not be required to have a background check. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services maintains this registry.
All school volunteers that follow a regular schedule or are left unsupervised with students must complete afull background check requiring submission of fingerprints to state agencies. The Districtwill use the following procedures:
· Volunteers will obtain an application from the Human Resource Office located at the Administrative Offices.
· Volunteers will return the completed application to the Human Resource Office.
· A volunteer packet will be provided to all volunteers containing the necessary paperwork to conduct full background screenings.
· The volunteer will be responsible for the initial cost of the background screenings. However, upon completion of a total of 10 volunteer events, the District will reimburse the volunteer.
· The Human Resource Office will maintain all information related to volunteers.
All new volunteers must submit child abuse/neglect, Jefferson County, State of Missouri and FBI background checks.
The District must have receipt of the results for said background check before the volunteer may begin working at any school.